I sold my 604-8G's and the buyer had a packing company pick them up. I spoke with the packers on the phone and told them how big the cabinets are and how much they weigh (620 cabinets).
They said no problem and sent one guy. He looked at them and got his asthma inhaler out of the truck cab, seriously. I helped him load them into the truck because he couldn't pick up the cabinets even without the drivers in them and he struggled with just the boxed 604s. They gave him a roll of 1/8" foam to wrap them in and and some straps to tie them to the wall of the van.
He said he was going to give the dispatcher sh*t when he got back to the office. They told him it was just a pair of speakers and he could manage by himself. One guy, two 140Lb speakers, should be OK, right? Duh.
I had told the buyer that I did not want to ship the cabinets and couldn't take responsibility for them but he insisted that this company could do the job. My ad said that the drivers could be shipped but not the cabs. I even told him that he could have a pair or new cabinets made locally for the cost shipping but no, that's not the answer.
We'll see how they look when they arrive - in Italy. He may be getting a set of cabinets made locally after all.









Bookmarks